torsdag den 9. juni 2011

Good Rakim interview


Well, this interview is a couple of weeks old but thought I should share with the Internet. I have always been an admirer of Rakim, and in my opinion is he an absolute genius when it comes to the usage of the language (hence one of my older posts about rhyming). In 2009 he "returned" to the hip hop scene with his first album in ten years, and I recently bought that to check it out or at least to refresh my fond memories of it... and to support his work. Enough of that, it was another brilliant album from the God of hip hop. How many emcees can honestly claim that they have NEVER put out a bad or just average album? KRS-One, Eminem, Talib Kweli, Common? No. Rakim can.

Back to the interview. He did this interview with the Irish Times as a part of the promotion of his european tour which he recently finished. I liked reading about his lyrical rise and how dirrent people influenced him as a kid. He gives Lupe Fiasco big props too!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar